St. David’s is the only Episcopal Church in Scotland County.
The first recorded work of the Episcopal church in this area was near Laurel Hill, where Mr. Morgan, owner of the textile mill, erected a small chapel in 1880. The first St. David’s Laurinburg was built on East Church Street, also by Mr. Morgan, and consecrated by Bishop Cheshire on December 17, 1905.
As Laurinburg grew, the property on East Church Street was rezoned for business and members met in the American Legion Hall. The present church at Azure and Covington was completed in October 1953, with the cornerstone laid by Bishop Penick. The educational building was added in 1960.
St. David’s has been served by 17 priests since 1944.